Guides in relation to buying or selling shares in Private Company Platform Pty Ltd (“PCP”) companies plus key reference documents
Sharetech Pty Ltd ABN 32 608 254 851(“Sharetech”) provides a facilitation service for shareholders of PCP platform companies and select clients of Advanced Share Registry Limited. Sharetech Pty Ltd is a controlled entity of Advanced Share Registry Ltd ABN 14 127 175 946.
Advanced Share Registry Ltd is an ASX listed share registry (ASX:ASW) headquartered in Perth, with an office in Sydney, Australia – refer www.advancedshare.com.au. ASW has 30 full time staff supporting ASW and Sharetech’s business operations. For more information on PCP please refer to their web site www.privatecompanyplatform.com.
Sharetech does NOT operate a market nor does it arrange a buyer or seller. Sharetech does NOT provide advice about a security nor does it make any suggestion as to the value of a security or company on the PCP platform. Sharetech Pty Ltd is a Corporate Authorised Representative (No 001282077) of Primary Securities Limited ABN 96 089 812 635 holder of Australian Financial Services License No. 224107
Sharetech simply alerts and matches an intending seller with a buyer of a PCP platform company share though the use of electronic registers.
Sharetech recommends any prospective buyers of shares in a PCP platform company to do their own due diligence on that company and also review the information for that company on the PCP platform or the company’s web site direct.
If you are a shareholder in a PCP platform company and wish to sell some or all of your holding.
Please go to the Selling tab on this web site and using your SRN complete the online form. Upon receipt we will send you the Seller Acknowledgement Form to sign and return and also a Share Transfer Form. Once we receive that we will update the electronic Seller Register. If there is an interested Buyer, we will contact you for your approval to alert the potential buyer there are shares for sale – quantity and price,. At that stage the potential buyer does not get your contact information. Once you approve the form of contact information and contact approval, we will advise the potential buyer of such details and then the two parties can determine if there is a matching of minds regarding the price and terms. If so, we then swing into action to facilitate the share sale and settlement.
If you are a shareholder in a PCP platform company and wish to buy more shares in the company
Similar to the above, go to the Buying tab on the Sharetech site and enter your SRN and register your interest in buying more shares by completing the template and note how many shares you wish to buy and the price you wish to pay. The process is outlined in the Buyer Acknowledgement Form you will sign and we are here to assist regarding any questions.
If you are a Registered Follower of a PCP platform company and wish to register your interest in buying shares in a PCP platform company when (and if) they become available
Then please go to the Buying tab of this web site and by quoting your FIN (i.e. the Follower reference number allocated to you when you became a Follower) and complete the online template of the PCP platform company you are interested in buying shares in, the quantity and price per share and press send and we will contact you to have you sign the Buyer Acknowledgement Form and we keep your expression of interest to buy on the electronic register for when there are shares available – either from an existing share holder or a fresh issue of shares.
Note: if you don’t have a FIN it means you are not a Follower on the PCP platform so please register and select the company you wish to follow and you will be allocated a Follower Identification Number (“FIN”). If you are an existing Follower and cannot find the FIN simply call us on 041 993 4623 or email to email@example.com.
Some useful key reference documents to provide some background knowledge
You may find the following documents useful reference documents
|Document||Description||Click on the following link|
|Services Guide||Outlines Sharetech’s services|
|Buyer Guide||Summary of the Buyer requirements|
|Seller Guide||Summary of the Seller requirement|
|Share Transfer Form||Sample for completion|
|AFSL – Primary Securities||This is the AFSL Sharetech operates under per its specific authority|
|CO 02/0273||This is the ASIC issued Class Order outlining the exemption for the matching services provided|
|Complaints Handling Manual||Outlines the Complaints Handling procedures|
Please note that as Sharetech Pty Ltd operates consistent with its Corporate Authorized Representative authority (No 001282077) from Primary Securities Limited ABN 96 089 812 635 holder of Australian Financial Services License No. 224107 and incorporates the substance of Class Order CO02/0273 (refer table above for the Class Order), a prospective buyer of any shares in unlisted companies should:
- obtain as much information on the company of interest as they can – for companies that Sharetech Pty Ltd facilitates share transfers for, there is some information provided by the company of interest on the information platform managed by Private Company Platform Pty ltd – refer www.privatecompanyplatform.com. Other sources of information can be obtained from the company itself and from searching the company’s name online plus ASIC searches etc.
- request further information about a proposed investment and the relevant securities from the Issuer (i.e. company) or Seller (as the case may be);
- note that the company information provided on the Private Company Platform information page for that company of interest is not intended to be the only information on which an investment decision should be made and may not be a substitute for a disclosure document, Product Disclosure Statement or any other notice that may be required to be issued by the Issuer company under the Companies Act
- be aware that information that may be needed to make an informed investment decision may include being provided with financial statements; a business plan; information about ownership of intellectual or industrial property; or expert opinions including valuations or auditors’ reports; capital structure, last share issue, SWOT analysis, forecasts, further capital raisings required, debt loads and repayment dates, any breaches of bank of debt covenants, etc
- know that no established market exists for the trading of any securities offered meaning that you may not be able to sell your shares; and
- take appropriate professional advice before buying shares or indeed a seller accepting an offer for the sale of any securities or scheme interests, including advice about whether the proposed investment is suitable for that person’s circumstances – the old adage of “only investing as much as you can afford to lose” remains relevant today. Diversify your risk, have a portfolio of investments to avoid a dependency on one investment.